Good Carma was established by Charlotte Bates, a vegan since 2010 and was vegetarian for 10 years before that. Passionate about food, Charlotte has a strong understanding and interest in health and nutrition.
Charlotte started Good Carma in the summer of 2013 in honour of her mother Lynne who died from cancer earlier that year.
“I wanted to help my mother by offering an alternative to dairy cheese without sacrificing flavour but using healthy and nutritious ingredients. Good Carma’s cheese style products are now enjoyed by both vegans and non-vegans alike”
The initial cheese style dairy alternative products developed by Good Carma include Flavour Fusion - a range of grated style shaker (similar to grated Parmesan) and soon to be followed to market is a soft vegan cream cheese style spread. Both products have been available through selected markets and online.
The aim and rationale of the business is to nutritionally help all people hence why the name “Good Carma” was chosen along with being produced in CARMA-rthenshire.
Business policy includes the use of non GM soya and where possible locally sourced ingredients in future products.
Benefits of Good Carma – ‘Flavour Fusion’ dairy free parmesan ingredients include:
- The use of Himalayan Pink Salt is aligned to the many health benefits (just search for “Himalayan Pink Salt health benefits” to find many web sites extolling its virtues).
- The nutritional yeast flakes used in the cheese style products also have added vitamin B12 which is an essential nutrient but one that is difficult to source when on a red meat free diet.
- Almonds are high in mono-unsaturated fats, the same type of health-promoting fats as are found in olive oil, which have been associated with reduced risk of heart disease.
Flavour Fusion - Key Features:
- Ambient Product
- Dairy Free
- Wheat and Gluten Free
- Registered with The Vegan Society
- 12 months shelf life (approved)
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- A source of B12
- Shaker style application
- Cooking ingredient and condiment, ready to eat
- Blended whole foods
- Range of three – ORIGINAL, GARLIC and CHILLI
View our range of products and dairy alternatives