Mushroom & Courgette Tart
1 sheet ready rolled vegan puff pastry (I use Jus-Rol)
125g chestnut mushrooms
½ medium courgette
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
A handful of fresh chopped garden herbs (I use thyme, chives, parsley and oregano) or 1 tsp dried herbs
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
Spread Sensation sauce which can be found on seperate post under Recipe’s
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees C and roll out the pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make a border around the pastry edges so that it will puff up when cooking and keep the filling in place.
2.Warm the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat. Chop and slice the garlic and onion, add to the pan and fry for 5 minutes until brown.
3. Add the chopped mushrooms and courgette and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Meanwhile make the ‘cheese’ sauce (as per your recipe).
5. Add the sauce to the pan of mushroom mixture and stir gently with a wooden spoon until evenly covered.
6. Spread the mixture onto the pastry sheet, leaving a 1cm gap from the edge as the filling will spread out when cooking. Brush the edges of the pastry with water then bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes.